ASK A NESTER: Let the Light Shine

Let Your Light Shine

We asked the agents and brokers of Nest Realty to share their preferences when it comes to lighting their homes.

How does your style stack up against our flock?

Let the Light In
Unsurprisingly, 45% of our Nesters say that an abundance of natural light in their homes is paramount. However, 55% rate natural light secondary to other must-haves when purchasing a home.

Lit with LED
45% of Nesters say that LED bulbs are a no-brainer. 40% aim to make the switch sooner than later, and nearly 15% still prefer the warm glow of incandescents.

Fixture Fixation
When it comes to home design, light fixtures are the jewel of the room for 32% of our flock. 62% prefer a mix of stylish and practical lighting choices.

Can You Can Can
How many can lights are too many? While 25% of agents have them in every room, 62% restrict them to common areas only. 9% begrudgingly have a few cans, with a handful of Nesters adamantly banning the can.

Home in Lights?
Uplighting on the exterior of their homes is a goal for 57% of our Nesters. About 19% already have their homes illuminated, and 24% prefer to save the electricity.

Successful Solar
While a majority of Nesters have a mix of solar and hard-wired lighting for the exterior of their homes, 16% illuminate pathways just by harnessing the power of the sun.

App-Based Lighting
We were impressed to learn that 30% of Nesters are already on the smart-home bandwagon, utilizing app-controlled lighting in their homes, making them safer and more energy efficient.

Sensor Envy
Lights that come on when you walk into a room and turn off when you leave? Heck yes! While only 14% of our agents currently use sensor-based lighting, the other 86% of Nesters think it’s pretty smart, and we agree.

Will the real Clark Griswold please stand up?
Chic, subtle lighting is the way 52% of Nesters choose to decorate their homes for the holidays. Another 37% opt for colorful fun; and 6% skip the lights altogether. The remaining 5% of Nesters’ homes can be seen from outer space.

Flame or Faux
The natural flicker of a candle or the glow of a roaring fire is what three-quarters of Nesters use to help cozy up their homes in the winter months. A small slice prefer the cool, dull lull of Netflix.

— We shared this story with you in the Winter 2022 issue of NEST Magazine. To subscribe to NEST Magazine, click here  — and be sure to follow us on Instagram @NestRealty

Spread the love

Written by
Posted in Asheville, Charlottesville, Fredericksburg, Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana, Greensboro, Greenville, Jackson, Lake Norman, Morganton, NEST Magazine, New River Valley, Raleigh-Durham, Richmond, Roanoke, Shenandoah Valley, Wilmington, Winter 2022
Comments closed

Comments are closed.

Join our Newsletter